Monday, April 15, 2013

tiny humans


Babies! More specifically, my baby has brought about a whole new world of designing and shopping obsessions. A nursery to design, showers to plan, and wardrobes to purchase (mine and baby).



First up: nursery.  Shockingly, my grey obsession continues now paired with yellow/ orange. We were lucky enough to be given nursery furniture from some dear friends (who doesn't love a second life). A beautiful crib, changing table/ dresser and a high boy. All three in great shape with great lines. All three loved by our friends twins.  To the spray room we go! (mostly because i need to do something to make them mine besides just putting them together in my house)

At first I wanted to go chalkboard paint crazy on the high boy. A little something like this:

find it here
 I love the color- blue-grey and the idea of labeling the drawers is too good. But sadly, I have moved on. With only three pieces in the room it felt weird to have the three piecs each be a different color. Need something that links them.  Decided to go with two in the same color and a contrast.

My heart is set on a grey crib. How great is this:
from here

(Don't look now but it is from wal-mart! WHAT!?!?) And I almost decided I HAD TO HAVE IT. But then the hormone surge passed, and I realized I should just paint ours.  Currently, am going with Benjamin Moore sweatshirt grey as our crib and tall boy. And a fresh coat of white chalk for the changer.


Just for fun here are some more nursery inspirations:


I will admit I think the walls photograph a bit muddy but that rug is so great. And there is the beginning of a gallery wall which i might love.
from here

I mean this just makes me fall back in love with yellow. And the ceiling! Great addition- smart to add some pattern. of course, once again gallery wall....
from here (it's pretty great)
 
 So clean and fresh. Of course now i am obsessing the jumper. It is going to be difficult not dressing this child as a frenchman. All stripes and jumpers.

from here

My girl Sarah Richardson did this one and  I must admit I kind of hated it on the episode-mainly because of the ceiling. Which looks interesting in the photo. Much more muted- which is good. But the orange and navy are classic and quite pretty. Not my grey obsession but a close cousin. (and again with the gallery wall)
austin by justap
Sarah Richardson from Design 101


 Before posting these reminder pictures I was fully on board with grey and white but now. I really want orange or yellow! This is trouble. Grey and White? or Grey and Orange? or Grey and Yellow? Imogen suggested a jumping off color pulled from some art. And I found a ton of great, cheap, art on etsy. Off to wander etsy for a day or two.

PH



1 comment:

  1. I think this blog should be renamed "∞ Shades of Grey". Also, tally one vote for Grey and Orange.

    ReplyDelete