Thursday, May 17, 2018

master bedrooms are important

The other day Imogen was over for our weekly Tuesday dinner date. Banh Mi and Banh Bao from our favorite local Vietnamese joint. And we wound up chatting in my bedroom about some family drama or something, when she started laughing. It seems while I focused on the little man's nursery, and getting settled in nola, I neglected to notice that our bedroom was a hot mess.

well, challenge accepted!
Below are some inspiration and a few solutions to get us to a  relaxing and cohesive room.

pintrest
The walls are just sexy. and the rustic layered feeling isn't trying to hard it is just there.


from here 

technically this is a white room with some grey. but that fireplace is ridiculous. and the chandelier is amazing. So it is allowed.

http://livethemma.ikea.se/tarva-riktig-sang/
I love the linens on this one. Layers of greys. Not to formal. I do one hundred hate the chair as a night stand situation up there. That is not functional. Lets be serious guys.

The one thing missing from my insparation rooms was pattern. But I found these guys and thought they would mix well with where I want to go

I think taking out the polished silver curtain rod and replacing with a more rustic one would keep the whole lot from being to formal.
from here 
(ps not the rings or at least not clipped like that)

Now on to finding some bedding I love....








No comments:

Post a Comment